This new take on your old favorite Chinese takeout will have you tossing out your takeout menu! Its tangy orange flavor pairs perfectly with the dark soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp GF dark soy sauce
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed from oranges)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp GF dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine wet ingredients into a bowl until the mix thickens.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- After cutting up the cauliflower into pieces, toss them in the wet ingredient bowl and mix until fully covered. Then dip each piece into the dry ingredient bowl. Finally dip again in the wet ingredient bowl.
- Put leftover wet and dry ingredients into one bowl and put to the side.
- Now is the time to start cooking some rice, if you plan to have the cauliflower with rice.
- Put the cauliflower mix in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Ideally, you’ll want to cook the rice at the same time the cauliflower is cooking in the oven. That way they’ll be ready at the same time.
- After baking the cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes, you can start cooking the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients (including the leftover wet/dry mix) in a large pan and cook until it thickens.
- Add the cooked breaded cauliflower into the sauce mix. Serve over rice.
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.