Whether you’re dairy-free by choice or not, it’s really hard to come by sauces that don’t include some form of dairy in it. And it can feel overwhelming to have to make your own at home. Well, I’m here to help!
This mushroom sauce is creamy and rich just like anything you’ll find on store shelves, but without any dairy (or gluten for that matter). Have any mushroom and dairy loving friends or family? Make this and have them try it. They won’t know the difference. And if they do then tell them to make their own 😉
So, just what can you eat this with? There is one recipe I can think of on this site, Thai Spring Rolls, but the possibilities really are endless, my friend.
It can serve as a base in your next veggie side or for all my chicken-eating people, you can try making a little chicken marsala with it. Either way, you won’t be disappointedPrint
Versatile and yummy, this dairy-free mushroom sauce can serve as a base for a soup or can serve as a filling for spring and egg rolls. Or you can just eat it all alone with a spoon. I won’t judge!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour (use one that thickens like brown rice or a blend)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add avocado oil to medium sized pot. Then add shallots and garlic. Cook for about a minute then add mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Mix gluten free flour and almond milk then add to pot. Add spices.
- Use an immersion blender in mixture until completely smooth. Continue to cook mixture for about 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
Use organic mushrooms or any ingredients on the dirty dozen list.