Anyone else have memories of eating at least what I thought was authentic Greek food? I’m talking gyros and tzatziki all day, baby!
I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve had one – and maybe that’s a good thing, considering what’s in them, but I still feel a sense of comfort when I think about eating what I remember was a savory meal wrapped up in a warm pita bread. Sigh.
Now that times have changed, I’m all about recreating those insanely delicious flavors I once loved. Today, I’m working on tzatziki. Yes, I know, it may not be everyone’s favorite sauce, but it’s one of mine. And with its’ versatile uses, it should be one of yours too!
It can serve as a base for a salad dressing or a sauce for chicken + veggie souvlaki. Either way, this dairy-free version is sure to please.Print
This little versatile sauce can be used as a salad dressing base or as a dipping sauce for, well, anything!
- 1 container Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt (16 oz – plain, unsweetened)
- 1 cucumber
- 5 sprigs dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with more dill leaves, if desired.
- Serve with meal or as a base for a salad dressing.